The Instagram search engine is a tool that provides many more advantages than you imagine. In addition to sharing photos and videos, the Instagram application allows users to have a very powerful browser to find what they are looking for through different formats. This advantage offers businesses an opportunity that should not be missed. The key is to know well how it works to be able to make the most of its functionalities.
Who Regularly Uses the Instagram Application Search Engine?
Russia, Turkey, and the United Kingdom are among the top five countries with the most Instagram users. 13% of the UK population stated that they used Instagram daily or even several times a day. Young people between 15 and 24 years old are the most active in this social network, women ahead of men. And it is shown that the majority of these users are above the median income line of their country.
What can be Found Through the Instagram Search Engine?
The Instagram network offers three basic search fields. In any of them, we will be able to add all the information on Instagram about that specific word.
- Profiles: This is the most common search since it responds to the first order of organization of the social network. It is about entering the name of the person, brand, or company that you want to find and the list of users who are registered appears. In the first positions the exact name will appear and then similar words or with slight modifications to the initial search.
- Places: It works wonderfully and is very useful to get an idea of what a place is like and the people who frequent it since it groups all the images uploaded by your clients. It has a map to locate.
- Trends: You can find topics that are commented on by a large volume of users and topics that become relevant for something in particular. The most common is to search for it by hashtag #me-too but it could also be found by keyword without a leading sign.
What Search Options are there on the Instagram Application?
There are different ways to search your browser and get the same list of results:
- Search by name ex. @CafeCC
- Search by hashtag eg. #CafeCC
- Search by location ex. Diagonal, Barcelona
- Search by emoticon ex. ☕
- Search by keyword eg. Barcelona cafeteria
It is important that any business that is using Instagram correctly includes keywords, hashtags, emoticons, etc. in the content of its publications. Only in this way will you guarantee that you are found in searches related to your sector or activity.
Instagram Application Stories also Include Search Systems
Instagram Stories is still the format of the moment that Instagram continuously explores and improves, and has been included in the search engine for a while through tags and locations. Before it was based on likes or number of followers. Now it allows the user to show the stories that are uploaded close to where they are.
Benefit Your Business Through the Instagram Search Engine
Currently, companies and businesses with a presence on Instagram use the social network to:
- Create corporate profiles
- Brand presence
- Make your products known
- Capture followers
- Post offers
- Cover events
All these actions are very good and surely they are very useful to reach the goals that have been set, but you can still get more out of Instagram to benefit the business and its sales.
Practical case: Attract new clients through the Instagram search engine
In this case, we will imagine that we are a local business that offers coffees and breakfasts in the center of the city of Barcelona. A person near the establishment wants to have a coffee and is not sure where to go. Access the Instagram application and enter the keyword “Barcelona cafeteria” in the search engine. Instagram will show you results close to your location, through tags and also profiles that include these keywords.
The user will know the different options that they have nearby to go and have that coffee they want.
The Success of the Business Search can Only be if Before:
- We correctly indicate the address of the establishment
- We take care of publications and images
- We include locations, hashtags, and keywords in posts
- We show the qualities of our product
- There are positive comments from our customers
Important: In this case, Instagram will prioritize the accounts with the most followers, the most likes, the most comments, etc. To work!